The TAP marketing team is seeking a talented Director of Marketing to help generate awareness and adoption of The Ambassador Platform. This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in an exciting, fast-growing business.
We are seeking an experienced, self-motivated marketing professional who will be responsible for designing and implementing a marketing strategy of TAP globally. The primary goal is to improve awareness, educate customers and increase leads conversion rate.
Previous experience leading a marketing team is essential. Preferably this will have been for a B2B or SAAS company, but exceptional candidates with experience outside of this space will be considered. We are actively looking for someone who has experience or a strong preference to work for a scale-up business.
This position is suitable for someone who is motivated by the idea of joining a business in a growth phase and building a marketing team from the ground up. This person will need to be prepared to get ‘hands on’ in the early stages as well as having the vision and managerial skills to design and implement a marketing strategy and grow a team.
You will need to have the necessary skills for strategically overseeing and deploying multi channel digital campaigns, including tracking and monitoring web traffic, improving web conversion rate, developing and launching creative website promotions, reviewing content, and improving the overall customer experience on the TAP website. You will also oversee our social media efforts and will have the responsibility of overseeing and delivering regional marketing programs and events, all with web visibility.
- Job title: Director of Marketing
- Contract type: Full-time permanent contract
- Location: London, UK (office based with the option of two days flexible working p/w)
- Salary: £82,500 OTE (£75,000 base with the addition of a 10% bonus linked to company revenue performance) + share options
- Reports to: Chief Growth Officer
About The Ambassador Platform
The Ambassador Platform (TAP) is the market leader in Experience Communication Management (XCM) technology for global education providers. Our product enables 100+ global Higher Ed providers to share an authentic digital insight into what the experience of being part of their institution is really like by allowing prospects to engage directly with ambassadors, through conversations and user-generated content. Every month our platform facilitates tens of thousands of messages between ambassadors and prospects.
TAP is a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment that sets ambitious goals and iterates quickly to achieve them. We operate a 'high trust, high performance, and high transparency' culture. Our key focus is on strong outcomes, where everyone is self-motivated and empowered to take responsibility and accountability for their own performance and the completion of work, but is given reasonable flexibility for the management of their own time. In conjunction with this there is high visibility around progress and outcomes across the company, and everyone is expected and encouraged to highlight areas of improvement. Above all, we value the people we work with, building strong and lasting relationships, always friendly, kind and approachable.
TAP is headquartered in the UK and has offices in London, Boston, Lviv, and Sydney. Find out what it’s really like to work with us by chatting to our friendly team and see what we get up to on Linkedin, and Twitter.
We’re looking for someone who will:
Collaboratively design and develop our marketing strategy, and implement an annual/quarterly marketing plan. Analyse, measure, and report on KPIs for all marketing campaigns. Have oversight of all digital/ offline channels. Take responsibility for the company’s brand. Hire and on-board new marketing team members. Management of the annual marketing budget. Create and successfully oversee innovative and effective marketing programs, including events and trade-shows, webinars, online marketing campaigns, lead generation programs and promotions.
Lead our marketing function, setting standards and best practice for the team. Recruit and develop new team members. Educate senior leadership about new strategic opportunities.
Test, run and iterate on all marketing activities, including campaigns, promotions, lead generation, nurture, and outreach. Consistently engage with and master new marketing techniques, trends, and tools.
Constantly seek to improve the performance of our marketing campaigns and the management and processes of the marketing team. Consistently revisit and develop our marketing strategy, brand, and messaging. Drive success for digital marketing efforts through SEO, SEM, web analytics and social media monitoring.
Ideally, you have...
- A minimum of 7 years experience experience in marketing leadership roles, including hiring and line-management of staff
- Excellent attention to detail, communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- A track record as a strategic and empathetic marketing leader, preferably in a B2B or SAAS company
- Experience of designing and implementing a marketing strategy and quarterly marketing plan
- Experience of working as part of a management team and aligning senior people behind marketing goals
- Strong working knowledge of performance marketing
- Demonstrable experience in digital marketing funnels, paid marketing, lead nurture techniques, and conversion optimisation
- Demonstrable ability in improving key web metrics, including time on site, CTR, bounce rate etc.
- Experience managing an organisation’s social media channels, including engagement analytics and content output
- Experience in search engine optimisation and search engine marketing
- Comprehensive knowledge of analytics platforms (GTM; Google analytics; Hubspot; Mixpanel, Optimizely etc.)
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Adobe CQ5, Marketo
- Experience owning, managing, and optimising a website via a CMS
- Knowledge of webinar platforms and promotion
- A demonstrable passion towards staying abreast of performance marketing trends and developing best practice
- Within 1 month you will have completed our supportive and comprehensive onboarding process and be a fully integrated team member
- Within 3 months you will have created and presented a marketing strategy, be actively managing our monthly marketing campaigns, and you will have hired and onboarded your first direct report into the marketing team
- Within 6 months you will be growing the marketing team, expanding our campaign infrastructure, and delivering results outlined in your marketing strategy
- Flexible working focussed on outcomes to maximise your productivity
- A calendar of wellness activities and incentives encouraging physical and mental wellbeing
- 33 days holiday a year (including bank holidays)
- Team activities including team trips overseas